Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Something's Gotta Give.

Today's topic is throwing out the junk! I posted this in our challenge group (the first paragraph that is) and figure I should also share it with you guys too because you shouldn't be afraid of something with a label or sticker... 

(Disclaimer: This post turned out longer than I thought, I get a little emotional at the end, some tears were shed...)

I threw out my junk last week since we'll be moving in 2 weeks! There was A LOT of crud in there. Some of it I'm pretty sure should have just left a long time ago considering I either don't use it anymore, don't eat it, drink it, ya know like those MIOfit or crystal light packets. HELLO artificial sweeteners... I was happy to throw them away. It's just STUFF. It has no personal meaning, it didn't cry when I tossed it. I don't even know WHY I had some of that stuff in there. Chris and I finally threw out all of our old whey proteins (It' s only been 7 months since I had it last). Before we did, we looked at the ingredients one more time and I got a big grin when I heard my hubby say, "Yep, I definitely won't be needing this crap anymore" I'm not saying I'm perfect I do get boxed mac and cheese, cookies and such for Christopher but I also TRY to make sure I pick something that's a better choice.

If you're at the store and spending $.50 more on something that is beneficial, then why not do it? Anytime we eat out (which has become a bit rare, although we did have some Rudy's BBQ yesterday it was delish! Give me a break I'll be completely restricted for 21 days come next week!  ) But we spent $19.63 on a meal that yes fed all three of us and we didn't overeat! Imagine that! You know what else we could have spent that $19.63 on? Food in our home that would last us for more than just ONE meal. Sure you can get all fancy pants and make meals that are still healthy that have tons of ingredients but health should not be complicating. Make it simple and make it healthy. We could have bought a pack of chicken breasts for $7-10 (depending on the weight) that would include anywhere between 6 or 7 breasts right? If you are eating the way you SHOULD be then freeze some of the chicken for later or prep them for the week and cut eat breast in half. You don't need more than that. We could have bought milk ($3.50), eggs ($1.49), salad mix ($3.25), tomatoes (1.29/Lb) some cucumbers ($.33 each) and a bag of carrots if the chicken wasn't too much. ($1.38) I do know these prices off the top of my head, sometimes they change but not by much because I pay attention to what I'm eating and what I'm spending. I want to make sure I am budgeting a healthy diet. It's not about eating less food, it's about cutting that chicken breast in half, making the portions last longer and filling up on more produce and whole grains. I include my Shake's into every budget we spend at the grocery store because I should. I am replacing a meal with one of my shakes and it keeps me full and gives me the dense nutrition I can't find just in my salad mix. If you actually spend the time and look into Shakeology, you'll see that all of the ingredients they have condensed into one meal would cost over $700 at a grocery store to buy. Uhhh no thanks. I am completely satisfied with budgeting Shakeology into my diet. I think my body can agree with me. I'm not saying it's a miracle Shake and "Oh my God! It will CURE YOU!" I am just saying it helped me focus on nutrition more and treat my body like I should, I am kind of one with it and stuck in it so I want to love it. I don't have to suffer. I am not ashamed of what I was going through 7 months ago.... I would literally be in the middle of the grocery store and feel the panic. I would be running to the bathroom in tears afraid and I don't go through that anymore..... I am just so happy I can be where I'm at in life with my happiness inside and out. I am very passionate and thankful that I came across what Beachbody has done for me and can't believe I have met so many amazing people this last year. I didn't just become a coach for the discount, I became a coach so that I could step up and help someone learn it is possible. It can be done and it just takes that first step... Believe in yourself because I may not be able to message you every single day but I am thinking about you and I want to see you take the plunge and ACTUALLY say, "Okay, I'm doing this" It's easy to get every one on board if you have a family but at least you can TRY. TRY because you know it will be worth it. Your family is worth it. I would rather see you make a change now then learn later something's gotta give.

No comments:

Post a Comment